As of Thursday October 30, 2014, we have a new pancreas policy in place that will change the way OPOs currently make pancreas and kidney-pancreas offers.
Important changes to the allocation system
- Combines pancreas, kidney-pancreas, and islet candidates onto one match run.
- Creates qualifying criteria for kidney-pancreas candidates to begin to accrue kidney-pancreas waiting time.
- When a pancreas and kidney are available the OPO will allocate the kidney and pancreas on the combined match run, through the local classification, before allocating the kidney on the kidney match run.
Resources to help you make sure you are ready
- Listen to a pancreas allocation system training recording and take the assessment.
- Review the pancreas and kidney-pancreas allocation FAQs (we recently updated this resource and added information specific to OPOs)
- Access a complete list of resources