UNOS is a strategic business partner providing relevant, high quality education and resources to support transplant professionals. UNOS also provides resources that help patients, family members, friends, and potential donors understand organ donation and transplantation.
UNOS Connect is a comprehensive, online learning management system for transplant professionals. Through UNOS Connect, members can find educational offerings focusing on effective practices, system updates (UNetSM) and policy changes.
UNet users steps for login
- Navigate to UNet, https://portal.unos.org (UNet user step-by-step instructions)
- Login with your Secure Enterprise user ID and password
- Click on Resources
- Click on UNOS Connect
Public access steps for login
Inside UNOS Connect dropdown menu, you’ll find two helpful resources: UNet University and UNOS Resource Library
UNet University provides online education available within UNOS Connect. Introduce new OPO and transplant hospital staff to UNet and refine the skills of existing staff with our six online learning modules, covering:
- Secure Enterprise
- DonorNet® for OPOs
- DonorNet® for TXCs
- Kidney Paired DonationSM
Visit the UNet University FAQ to learn more.
UNOS Resource Library
The UNOS Resource library is a one-stop-shop for all things UNOS. This easily navigable resource offers:
- An overview of UNOS and transplant history
- An explanation of NOTA, the Final Rule and the OPTN
- Information about the different departments that make up the UNOS organization
- Many useful and relevant hyperlinks to resources
“In the field of transplantation and donation, it is critical to understand the mechanics behind the policy, data and processes. The UNOS team prepared a targeted and flawlessly managed program. Our participants left with a stronger understanding of transplantation data and policy and the overall organ donation process.”
Stephanie Chin, Hematology and Transplant, Sanofi Genzyme
“We requested training for two of our emerging clinical leader groups to help them learn from the experts about the critical components of patient safety and policy compliance. The on-site visit also gave our staff a chance to tour the Organ Center and National Donor Memorial, and meet the UNOS staff we all depend on 24/7 to help us serve our mission. UNOS created a customized program focused on our specific training needs – definitely worth the investment.”
Kevin Myer, MSHA, President & CEO, LifeGift
“TMF is the ONE conference that focuses solely on the wide scope of transplant administration. It is equally relevant to the new administrator as it is for seasoned administrators.”
Nancy Long, Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City
Events and custom training
UNOS Primer, held at UNOS headquarters, helps attendees learn UNOS’s functions and structures, how the member quality department assists OPTN members and facilitates the OPTN peer-review process, the OPTN policy development process and how to best use UNetSM applications.
Tailored for your team’s needs
UNOS offers virtual or in-person educational events tailored to meet your group’s needs. Examples of topics include:
- An overview of the UNOS database;
- UNetSMand analytical tools;
- how the OPTN, UNOS and SRTR work together;
- overview of KAS, UNOS and the OPTN history and roles;
- policy development process;
- patient safety;
- and trends in living donation.
Learn about additional UNOS solutions to increase efficiency and support decision-making.
For patients in need of a transplant or learning to live with one, finding helpful information can be a daunting task. To help meet this challenge, UNOS provides a variety of resources:
- Transplant Living website – No matter where you are in the transplant experience, Transplant Living can help you be prepared with helpful information, resources and tools.
- Patient brochures – Find free information designed to help patients understand the organ transplant process. Request additional patient information by contacting the OPTN Patient Services Line at 1-888-894-6361 or email@example.com.
- Frequently asked questions – Learn details about about how organ donation and transplantation work.