UNOS Ambassadors are United Network for Organ Sharing community volunteers and advocates who are raising awareness and educating the public about organ donation and transplantation, organ matching and how UNOS runs the nation’s transplant system. UNOS Ambassadors must be able to communicate and be willing to share important information through health fairs and exhibitions, community speeches, email and social media channels. The UNOS Ambassador program provides tools, tips and resources to help you spread awareness of United Network for Organ Sharing’s lifesaving mission in your community.
Anyone can be a UNOS Ambassador, but a parent or legal guardian must accompany anyone who is under the age of 16 to all volunteer events. Many UNOS Ambassadors have a direct connection to organ donation or transplantation including: wait-list candidates, transplant recipients, donor family members, living donors, caregivers and/or registered organ donors.
What we do at UNOS
What does a UNOS Ambassador do?
There are endless ways you can generate awareness about UNOS, organ donation and transplantation:
- Share your story and connection to transplantation and donation with friends, co-workers, and neighbors
- Share UNOS posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on your social media channels
- Participate in a community health fair and/or fundraising event
- Set up an awareness display at a local school or place of worship
- Distribute UNOS community brochures, pens, and UNOS store cards (request Ambassador materials here)
- Learn more and share information about transplant trends
- Show your support by giving to UNOS
As a UNOS Ambassador, you’ll receive:
Starter kit: Every UNOS Ambassador is mailed a kit that you can use to educate your community about UNOS, organ transplantation, and donation. Many Ambassador materials are also available online.
Supportive community: UNOS Ambassadors receive a monthly e-newsletter, are provided quarterly educational opportunities, and an invitation to join the private Ambassadors Facebook Group. By joining our private UNOS Ambassadors Facebook Group, you can communicate with other UNOS Ambassadors and share what you’ve been doing to raise awareness for UNOS, organ donation, and transplantation.
Educational training sessions: Create a free account at UNOS Connect to learn about the waiting list, public comment, UNOS acronyms, how to use social media to share your personal why, and more.
Create an account to view training on:
- Waiting List 101
- Understanding Public Comment and why you should be involved
- Committee volunteerism
- UNOS acronyms
- Social media: Helping you share your personal why
Watch this video to learn how to register for UNOS Connect: