The TransNet mobile application automates the organ packaging and labeling process and ensures that donated organs are matched correctly and efficiently with the identified recipient. All OPOs are required to use this application when packaging and labeling deceased donor organs, including VCA organs. You can access the Data Services Portal under UNetSM Resources to find TransNet usage rates, both by OPO and nationwide. We’ll update this information every month.
- Learn how to become a TransNet superuser. Free onsite training, dates TBD.
- We have enhanced the TransNet report available on the Data Services Portal in UNet. This report displays when you did and did not use TransNet for packaging and labeling an organ during the past 12 months.
- TransNet is now compatible with the new iPadOS and Android Pie operating system.
- Read about recent changes to Extra Vessels policy and the impact it will have on your TransNet OPO account.
Find the latest information on software enhancements, required equipment, and educational resources below. If you have any questions send an email to UNOS Customer Service at email@example.com.
To access educational material for the mobile application, please check out UNOS Connect, TransNet Step by Step. This offering provides an in depth review of the entire application and is a great resource for new users or as a refresher for experienced users.
“Using TransNet has reduced our lead time for recovery preparation, as staff are able to efficiently print the labels as they are needed. We found the system to be a tremendous improvement in our overall system of packaging and labeling.”
David Marshman, LifeNet Health
Software enhancements, required equipment, and educational resources
New mobile app features/enhancements
Current mobile TransNet version:
- For iOS devices: 5.11.0
- For Android devices: 5.11.1
January 8, 2020: We released a new TransNet Android and iOS version
- Refreshed the organ icons on the procurement plan and procurement screens to align with the OPTN labels
- Enhanced/new audit logs including:
- Previously Transfer Case will now read as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth transfer case => sent or received
- Cross clamp date/time will now include the donor hospital time zone
- Procurement plan selections and de-selections
- Procurement plan restrictions
- If an en bloc organ is selected, you will no longer be able to select the corresponding left/right laterality for that same organ type, until the en bloc organ has been deselected. As well as if the left/right is selected you will not be able to select the corresponding en bloc unless the left/right has been deselected.
- Donor Info Report in the TransNet website enhancements include:
- Displaying donor case create date and submit date
- Creating the donor row upon case creation
- A number of other small bug/crash fixes in both applications
iPad users: TransNet is now compatible with the new iPadOS (iOS 13) made available by Apple on September 24th.
Samsung Galaxy 8” tab A (2017 model) users: TransNet is now compatible with the new Android Pie operating system which was recently made available for download on this device.
August 15, 2019: we released a new TransNet iOS and Android version
- New extra vessels label with only HIV, HBV, and HCV infectious disease tests and results
- Adaptive, based on infectious disease results, to indicate if a transplant center can store extra vessels
February 27, 2019: we released a new TransNet iOS and Android version
- New icon to notify the user when audit logs have and have not been sent
- Corrected discrepant check-in date/times displayed in organ match report
- Organ match functionality on a mobile (phone or tablet) device
- Organ check-in functionality for a living donor
- Organ check-in report error message when accessing reports
- Organ verification form in the View Donor Info report will only become available for a donor case, once the case has been closed and submitted. This form is for our OPO users only.
November 7, 2018: we released TransNet iOS version 5.8.1 to correct a defect in pulling infectious disease results into the application.
November 7, 2018: we released the mobile TransNet version 5.8.0, which includes the ability to package and label living donor organs and a new miscellaneous external identification label.
When you create a case, you MUST select between a deceased or living donor.
- a deceased donor case will function identically to prior versions.
- a living donor case will pull donor information from TIEDI – Living donor feedback form.
Laterality validation for living donor cases only.
- When a user selects Left Kidney, Right Kidney, Liver Split Left or Liver Split Right from the Procurement Plan screen, they will be required to enter a validators name and initials to continue.
- This feature is important for living donor packaging and labeling because the OPO coordinators are not involved in the laterality determination during the initial work-up of the living donor.
- No audit logs for this new feature.
Miscellaneous External Identification Label.
- At the bottom of the Identification Labels screen, you will now see a new label. This label is made up entirely of free text.
- This label holds up to 27 characters per row and 6 rows max.
- Any entered characters will persist in this new text entry box until the case is transferred or uploaded.
- No new audit logs for this label.
Supported Android equipment
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8″ (2017 Model)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7″ (support ending 1/1/21)
- Lollipop (support ending 1/1/21)
- Order labels from the online store.
Supported Apple equipment
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus
- iPhone SE (1st and 2nd Generation)
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone X/XS/XS Max/XR
- iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 3rd Generation
- iPad Air (2019 Model) 10.5″
- iPad 7th Generation 10.2″
- iPad 6th Generation 9.7″
- iPad 5th Generation 9.7″
- iPad Air 2 9.7″ (with iOS 14 update, support will continue)
- iPad Mini 5 (recommended)
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini 2 (support ending 9/1/20)
- iOS 12.x
- iOS 13.x
- Order labels from the online store.
- IE 11
- Safari and Mobile Safari
- QLn320 Series Model E – Support ended September 2019
- QLn320 Series Model M – Support ending September 1, 2021
- ZQ620 Standard Model, Bluetooth only (Recommended Printer)
To locate the printer model, find the PCC number on the base of your printer. The fifth to the last digit is your model letter either E or M.
Find these TransNet tutorials on UNOS Connect in the Course Catalog>UNet Systems category: TransNet: Step-by-Step Viewing this module will supplement the training you have already received at your organization and improve your basic understanding of how the application works.
Policy and System Notices: Read related policy notices
- Coming soon: TransNet will be required for VCA organs
- Implementation of TransNet Application Updates
- New TransNet Report in UNet Data Services Portal
- TransNet Application Version Update
- TransNet Scanning Reminder
- TransNet System Compatibility
- TransNet System Help Desk Support
- TransNet System Support Android Release
Transplant center details
Transplant centers who are interested in serving as a tester for the TransNet technology may now enroll by sending an email to TransNetTXC@unos.org
The transplant center functionality includes:
- Organ check-in
- Organ match to intended recipient upon organ arrival
- Extra vessels label scan to view donor infectious disease results
- Open this PDF for more information
These functions will help your center comply with OPTN policies 5.7, 5.8.B, and 5.8.C. We currently have 24 centers testing TransNet with live organs. OPOs have been required to use TransNet for packaging and labeling all deceased donor organs since June 1, 2017.
Watch this presentation for more information.
“Our center began using TransNet to ensure that all organs from the outside were being checked in appropriately. Rob and his colleagues were very helpful in guiding me through all of my questions. It is easy to use, reports are easy to find and I have told several of my friends at other centers they should use it.”
Participating Transplant Center