Transplant Management Forum
Virtual 2021 Transplant Management Forum
- Registration fee: $350/person
- Virtual format: We’ve added an extra day to provide the best educational experience and created a self-guided, user-friendly online platform. Registration is capped at 1,000 attendees.
- Date and time: April 19-22, beginning each day at 11 a.m. ET.
- Questions? Please email UNOSTransplantManagementForum@unos.org
About the event
Transplant administrators from across the country attend the UNOS Transplant Management Forum each year for its educational sessions and networking opportunities. While many of the sessions are geared to transplant administrators, the forum is also an excellent opportunity for clinical and financial coordinators, social workers, OPO executive directors, physicians and surgeons, to enhance their understanding of how a program operates.
Sessions help to increase collaboration between transplant centers and OPOs, and to expand transplant professionals’ knowledge of operations, finances, strategies, and more.
“TMF is the ONE conference that focuses solely on the wide scope of transplant administration. It is equally relevant to the new administrator as it is for seasoned administrators.”
Nancy Long, Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City
“I have attended TMF the last five years and wouldn’t miss it—highly informative and time well-spent.”
Jeff Orlowski, LifeShare Transplant Donor Services
2020 TMF abstract winners
Finance category: “Use of Six Sigma to Improve the HLA Billing Process Resulting in Substantial Recovery.”
- William Maixner, MHA; Luke McKinley, MBA; Adrian Thompson, B.S.; Pamela Kimball, Ph.D.; and Marlon F. Levy, M.D.; of VCU Health Hume-Lee Transplant Center, Richmond, Va.
- Sponsored by Transplant Management Group, LLC
- Read all 2020 finance category abstracts
QAPI and safety category: “Multidisciplinary Response to Donor ABO Discrepancy-Related Adverse Event.”
- Victoria Hunter, B.S.N, RN-C, CCTC; Arika Hoffman, M.D; Sue Miller, RN, CCTC; Scott Koepsell, M.D., Ph.D; Clifford Miles, M.D; of Nebraska Medicine, Omaha, Neb. Kyle Herber, Live On Nebraska.
- Sponsored by CareDx
- Read all 2020 QAPI and safety category abstracts
Clinical, operations and innovation category: “Changing Post-Transplant Care with Telemedicine.”
- Abhinav Rastogi, MBA, MIS; Nicole Patlakh, B.S., Temple Hospital, Philadelphia.
- Sponsored by LifeTrac Network
- Read all 2020 clinical, operations and innovation category abstracts
Strategy and marketing category: “Increasing Patient Referrals for Transplant Through a Combined Outreach/Referral/Scheduling Coordinator Position.”
- Janine Vallen, RN, MSN, CCTN, APN-C; Michelle Preziosa, of Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes Transplant, Camden, N.J.
- Sponsored by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Read all 2020 strategy and marketing category abstracts
Regulatory category: “Improving Regulatory Readiness Through a Compliance Dashboard.”
- Jenna Lawson, M.S., M.S.N, RN; Lindsay Smith, of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Sponsored by HCA Healthcare
- Read all 2020 regulatory category abstracts
Best of the Best abstract: “Early Extubation in Liver Transplant Patients.”
- Scott Bennett, M.S; Zachary Davis, B.S.N, RN; Bailor Hardman, M.D.; Keith Murray, B.S.N, RN, CCRN-K; Susan Neill-Fogus, B.S.N, RN; Chen Shi, M.D.; Leonor Sosa, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC; Parsia Vagefi, M.D.; of UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas.
- Sponsored by Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice
Heckenkemper Leader in Transplant Administration Award
Sponsored by Guidry & East, LLC
To be announced
Duke Transplant Center, Durham, N.C.
Brigitte Sullivan, MBA
describes the honor as a “lifetime achievement award”
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for UNOS Connect courses
Select sessions from 2020 TMF have been converted to UNOS Connect courses and can be accessed with a UNOS Connect account.
The following courses are available to anyone with a UNOS Connect account. Search for 2020 UNOS Transplant Management Forum Virtual Sessions. You MUST complete all 4 QLT courses and the evaluation to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) (2 nursing contact hours and 2 Category 1 CEPTCs). *Note: If you search and complete the below courses individually, you will not receive CEUs. They must be completed within the 2020 UNOS Transplant Management Forum Virtual Sessions Learning Path to receive credits.
- QLT132: Updates from the SRTR (60 minutes)
- QLT134: Improving the Organ Donation Process (8 minutes)
- QLT135: Processing Kidney Transplant Referrals More Effectively (13 minutes)
- QLT136: KPD: Match Offer Challenges and Strategies for Better Quality Match (25 minutes)
The following courses are only available to members who have UNet access. Search for 2020 UNOS Transplant Management Forum Virtual Sessions: UNOS Systems. Please access UNOS Connect using your UNet account. You MUST complete both SYS courses and the evaluation to receive CEUs (1 nursing contact hour and 1 Category 1 CEPTC). *Note: If you search and complete the below courses individually, you will not receive CEUs. They must be completed within the 2020 UNOS Transplant Management Forum Virtual Sessions: UNOS Systems Learning Path to receive credits.
- SYS160: DonorNet Mobile for Transplant Hospitals (30 minutes)
- SYS161: Answering Questions with the Data Portal (42 minutes)