Transplant Management Forum
May 7–9, 2024: Increase collaboration between transplant hospitals and OPOs. Expand your knowledge of operations, finances, and strategies.
The OPTN is offering 11 items for review, including one proposal, one guidance document, two request for feedback, three data collections, and four policy proposals.
The Organ Procurement and Transplant Network (OPTN) plans to release a series of proposed policies for public comment next month. Currently, OPTN seeks feedback on the “Expedited Placement Variance.” The special public comment period for the variance will begin December 21 and end January 21, 2024. To read the full proposal and offer comments, click here.
This yearly virtual celebration pays tribute to donors and their families.
At UNOS Transplant Management Forum, professionals return year after year to:
- Increase collaboration between transplant hospitals and OPOs
- Grow knowledge of operations, finances, strategies, and more.
- Learn about and make a nomination for the Annual Heckenkemper Leader in Transplant Administration / Quality Award
- Resources to submit your abstract and past award-winners
At UNOS Primer, organ donation and transplant professions network and engage with UNOS staff to learn:
- How is policy developed and implemented?
- How do site surveyors monitor compliance?
- What resources and effective practices are available for transplant professionals?
- How do I navigate certain reports in UNetSM?
Regional meetings and public comment
Public comment, a critical forum for national discussion on organ transplant policy, occurs twice each year. Learn more at the overview page on UNOS or OPTN where you can add your voice during open sessions.
Regional meetings, held twice each year during the winter and summer public comment periods, are an opportunity to influence policy proposals, prepare for upcoming changes, and hear perspectives from the transplant community about improvements to organ allocation. Learn more and find dates.
Celebration, awareness, and educational events
National Tree of Life
An annual celebration of the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation. A time to pay tribute to donors and their families. And a time to celebrate the lives of recipients across the country. Learn more.