Click here for OPTN calendar
Find information on OPTN Board of Directors and committee meetings
Summer 2023 public is now closed. Thank you for providing your feedback.
This cycle was open from July 27 to Sept. 19, 2023. The last opportunity to provide feedback on these items was prior to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sept. 19.
Nov. 6-7, 2023: Learn about UNOS and OPTN, policy development, implementation and compliance, organ allocation and effective practices for organ donation and transplantation. Learn about UNetSM applications and reports and the site survey process while networking with UNOS staff and other transplant professionals in a small group environment.
Board member describes the vital role of volunteers with personal experience in donation and transplantation.
The OPTN is offering 14 items for review.
The webinar will be recorded and made available for later viewing.
At UNOS Transplant Management Forum, professionals return year after year to:
- Increase collaboration between transplant hospitals and OPOs
- Grow knowledge of operations, finances, strategies, and more.
Upcoming dates and locations
- 2024 Annual Heckenkemper Leader in Transplant Administration / Quality Award: Nominate today
- 2024 event details coming soon
- 2024 abstracts: Learn more
At UNOS Primer, organ donation and transplant professions network and engage with UNOS staff to learn:
- How is policy developed and implemented?
- How do site surveyors monitor compliance?
- What resources and effective practices are available for transplant professionals?
- How do I navigate certain reports in UNetSM?
Regional meetings and public comment
Public comment, a critical forum for national discussion on organ transplant policy, occurs twice each year. Learn more at the overview page on UNOS or OPTN where you can add your voice during open sessions.
Regional meetings, held twice each year during the winter and summer public comment periods, are an opportunity to influence policy proposals, prepare for upcoming changes, and hear perspectives from the transplant community about improvements to organ allocation. Learn more and find dates.
Celebration, awareness, and educational events
National Tree of Life
An annual celebration of the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation. A time to pay tribute to donors and their families. And a time to celebrate the lives of recipients across the country. Learn more.