Click here for OPTN calendar
Find information on OPTN Board of Directors and committee meetings
COVID-19 and transplant: Patient questions answered
Sept. 22: Watch recorded webinar.
Innovations at UNOS
Apply to serve as a volunteer for the OPTN. Online Volunteer Interest Form due no later than Sept. 30, 2021.
Summer 2021 public comment opened Aug. 3 and will close Sept. 30.
At UNOS Transplant Management Forum, professionals return year after year to:
- Increase collaboration between transplant hospitals and OPOs
- Grow knowledge of operations, finances, strategies, and more.
Upcoming dates and locations
- 2022 abstracts: Accepting submissions through Nov. 19, 2021. Learn more.
- 2022 event – April 10-13, Arizona Grand Resort and Spa
- 2023 event – May 18-21, Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
At UNOS Primer, organ donation and transplant professions network and engage with UNOS staff to learn:
- How is policy developed and implemented?
- How do site surveyors monitor compliance?
- What resources and effective practices are available for transplant professionals?
- How do I navigate certain reports in UNetSM?
Regional meetings and public comment
Public comment, a critical forum for national discussion on organ transplant policy, occurs twice each year. Learn more at the overview page on UNOS or OPTN where you can add your voice during open sessions.
Regional meetings, held twice each year during the winter and summer public comment periods, are an opportunity to influence policy proposals, prepare for upcoming changes, and hear perspectives from the transplant community about improvements to organ allocation. Learn more and find dates.
Celebration, awareness, and educational events
Join us for candid, inspiring discussion about improving the organ donation and transplant system. These free, educational fundraisers bring together the organ donation and transplant community, as well as leaders in technology, research and, science to find innovative ways to continuously improve the system and save more lives. Learn more about the things UNOS is doing to increase transplants.
National Tree of Life
An annual celebration of the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation. A time to pay tribute to donors and their families. And a time to celebrate the lives of recipients across the country. Learn more.