- Organ Procurement Organization (OPO)
- Primary OPO Administrative Directors, Primary Data Coordinators
- Organ Procurement Adms/Mgrs, Regulatory Affairs Coordinators/Managers, Compliance Officers, Data Coordinators, OPO Quality Managers/Coordinators, Quality Coordinators, Quality Directors/Managers, Organ Placement Coordinators, Organ Procurement Coordinators, Organ Procurement Adms/Mgrs
- Transplant (TX)
- Liver Primary Program Administrators, Primary Data Coordinators, Primary Physicians, Primary Surgeons
May 5, 2021
To further enhance the experience with expedited placement of livers, new notifications will be sent to the original primary on-call contact (i.e. the local or import contact) notifying them when a liver match has been expedited. This is meant to add transparency between the on-call contacts if the original on-call contact will not be the one receiving the expedited organ offer. This content will be supported on the email organ offer messaging and only generate for on-call contacts at programs that have either entered a provisional “yes” or have not yet responded to the organ offer prior to the initiation of expedited liver placement.
What you need to do
No action necessary, this change will be seen automatically.
Education and resources
Look for the following course in UNOS Connect, accessible to UNetSM users through the resources tab on the Secure Enterprise (UNet) homepage.
- Search by course number SYS164
- Or “Expedited Liver Placement for OPOs and TXCs”
- Opting in job aid linked to interactive course
- System related FAQ linked to interactive course (also found in DonorNet® Online Help)
- OPTN policy notice: Expedited Liver Placement.
- Toolkit: Expedited Liver Placement.
- Use our supported browsers to optimize functionality on the UNet system. Prepare for UNet to stop supporting the Internet Explorer web browser on Sept. 30, 2021. An email with more information was sent to UNet users and posted to Secure Enterprise on Nov. 30, 2020.
For policy-related questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.