The OPTN/UNOS Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee is sponsoring an educational forum June 22, 2015, at the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel near Chicago-O’Hare International Airport, to seek additional public input on concepts intended to increase equity in access to liver transplantation. The final meeting agenda is available for viewing, as are the following formal presentations to be delivered during the forum.
- Welcome Address
- A Disparity Does Exist
- Increasing Liver Donation and Utilization
- Federal Support for Organ Donation
- Mathematical Methods to Reduce Geographic Disparities in Organ Availability
- SRTR Data Analyses
- Principles for Robust System Design in Allocation Modeling
- The Committee’s Responses to Redistricting
- Metrics of Disparity and Optimization of Distribution
- Logistics and Transportation
- Finances of Broader Sharing
- How to Reform Liver Allocation and Distribution
Advance registration is required to attend the forum in person. Register now. Lunch will be provided as part of the forum for $20 per attendee.
Attendees must cover their own travel and lodging expenses; however, a special reservation rate is available at the hotel by specifying group name “OPTN/UNOS Liver Forum.” Call the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel at 877-868-9134 for reservations.
The forum will also be available for live webinar participation. Register to participate by webinar.
For additional information, email email@example.com.