Nearly 700 transplant professionals from OPOs, transplant centers and laboratories responded to UNOS’ 2011 member survey distributed last fall. The responses have already been given to UNOS executive staff and department directors to help them fine tune their individual strategic plans and we are now making the results available to you.
See results of 2011 UNOS Member Survey
- Members are pleased with the monthly e-newsletter format and use it to stay informed, but tend not to access the online archive in between distribution of monthly issues.
- Although there were still individual comments about the need for improved plain language in system notices and policy notices, there were far fewer comments overall that referenced the need for plain language.
- Although awareness and use of the OPTN Evaluation Plan by some groups is high, we need to make more members aware of this effective policy compliance tool.
- Interest in online learning is high among all transplant professional groups. Most requested topics include allocation policy, living donation, and disease transmission.
- Members continue to rely heavily on one-on-one communication with UNOS staff, the OPTN and UNOS websites, the UNOS Update magazine, and the e-newsletter for information about policy and how to perform their jobs.
- We need to do a better job of educating members about UNOS’ online store and its wealth of resources, such as policy brochures.