The UNOS 2020 staffing survey is now available in the Transplant Administrator section of UNet℠. The deadline to submit your data is Dec. 31, 2021.
Since 2003, transplant administrators have used the annual staffing survey to get a look at comparative data to assist their planning and hiring strategies. As a collaboration between the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network Transplant Administrators Committee and UNOS research and IT staff, the survey allows transplant administrators to access a consistent dataset.
To view summary and comparison data from other programs, administrators must first share their own data–the greater the number of transplant programs of varying size from across the country that submit data, the richer the dataset, and the more meaningful the analysis.
What kind of data does the survey collect?
Users can contribute program-specific demographic information, including the number of patient referrals and clinic visits. The survey also collects personnel information like the number of full-time clinical coordinators and other staff positions, and the ratio of full-time employees to the number of transplants.
Who can submit this data?
All transplant administrators are able to complete the survey for their respective transplant programs. After contributing this information, administrators can view and analyze their own data, and can aggregate data of similar-sized programs, not only in their region but across the country.
New! UNOS Transplant Benchmark Report – Staffing Survey Supplement
Using the 2019 staffing survey data, UNOS is experimenting with including staffing survey results as part of the benchmark report for programs that participated in the survey of 2019 data.
- This supplemental section of the UNOS Transplant Benchmark Report contains data obtained from the UNOS Staffing Survey and comprises data reported for 2019.
- UNOS Staffing Survey results reported in this supplement are available only to those transplant programs that completed the survey of 2019 staffing data.
- Customized survey results are still accessible via the Unet portal on the Transplant Administrators page.
If you have feedback about the supplement to the benchmark report, please contact us at [email protected]
To access the survey:
- Click the Transplant Administrators icon
- Select “Staffing Survey”
- Select “Create New Survey”
How to prepare
Before you begin the survey, you will want to have the following numbers for 2020 available:
- Referrals to program
- Pre-transplant clinic visits
- Pre-transplant evaluations
- Post-transplant clinic visits
- Living donor evaluations
- Total number of patients followed pre- and post-transplant
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs) implanted, if applicable
- VAD post-implant visits
- VADs your program is maintaining
As in prior years, only programs that complete surveys for their organ-specific programs will have access to the summary and comparison data. The intent of this restriction is to maximize participation, since the value of the survey is greatly enhanced when more transplant programs participate.
Contact UNOS Customer Service at [email protected] with questions.