We’re here to help.
Get more information about Region 5 meeting below. Interact with UNOS leaders and contacts, network with your regional colleagues and discuss important issues in donation and transplantation.
Region 5 meeting
Winter 2023 information to come
Region 5 Collaborative
OPTN Regional Review
Help us analyze and shape the future of OPTN regions.
UNOS Region 5 Collaborative – Summer 2022
The UNOS Region 5 Collaborative was a daylong forum organized by members of the region. Teams shared their unique expertise, research and experiences with each other in a coordinated, collective, and innovative environment. See presentation slides.
- COVID-19 Update
- CMS Final Rule
- NRP Heart and Liver
- UCSF Living Donor Advocate PDSA
- DEI Update/Ongoing Work
UNOS Region 5 Collaborative – Summer 2022 was generously supported by CareDx, with additional support from other sponsors. UNOS maintains a distinct separation between UNOS private and OPTN events. The UNOS Region 5 Collaborative is a UNOS private event and sponsorship does not carry over to the OPTN Region 5 Meeting.
Winter 2021 Collaborative presentations
- Agenda and speaker biographies
- Donor family communication to recipients
- General session 1: COVID-19 overview
- General session 2: UNOS Updates
- General session 3: Success during COVID-19
- Lunch and Learn — CareDx
- Management of pediatric donors Pre-OR, Adil Husain
- OPO response to COVID-19, Lucy Lawrence
- Treating transplant patients during COVID-19
- Source document: Pediatric Blood Draw Guideline
Archive: Region 5 and Collaborative presentations
- Opening Remarks from Gold Level Sponsor CareDX
- Follow Up In Action – Aaron Cohen
- First Person Authorization (FPA) and DCD – Amanda Cole
- First Person Authorization (FPA) and DCD – David Robles
- First Person Authorization (FPA) and DCD – Heather Osipowicz
- Living Donors and Social Media – Celeste Braly, Helen Christensen
- Transplant Center – Organ Offer Management – Staffing Model – Kate Grief
- Transplant Center – Organ Offer Management – Staffing Model – Courtney Lepis, Megan Bell
- Pancreas Transplant – Keri Ichikawa
- Organ Allocation Updates (lung) – Maryl Johnson
- Organ Allocation Updates (liver) – Ryo Hirose