Public comment webinars
We offer webinar opportunities to help you learn more about policy and bylaws proposals that are available for public comment.
The purpose of these webinars is to provide members, especially those who do not normally attend their regional meeting, an opportunity to learn about the proposals on the discussion agenda. Attendees will be permitted to ask questions during the webinars, but the regional meetings will still be the formal avenue for regional discussion and voting.
Transplant patient webinar addresses proposed changes to kidney and pancreas distribution
The OPTN Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation Committees will host a webinar on Monday, September 16, 2019, from 4 to 5 p.m. EDT to describe the proposals for transplant patients and family members and encourage them to comment on the proposals. You may register for the webinar here.
As time permits, presenters will answer questions from participants. The webinar will also be recorded, and a link to the recording will be posted as soon as available.
View webinar recordings to learn more about policy proposals that are available for public comment.
Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2019 Listen to a recording of the webinar that reviews these proposals:
- Clarification of Pre-existing Liver Disease
- Modify Appointment Process for the Histocompatibility Vice Chair
- Continuous Distribution of Lungs Concept Paper
Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019 Listen to a recording of the webinar that reviews these proposals:
- Modify Data Submission Policies
- Data Collection to Evaluate the Logistical Impact of Broader Distribution
- Expedited Placement of Livers
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 Listen to a recording of the webinar that reviews these proposals:
- Eliminate the Use of DSA and Region in Kidney Allocation Policy
- Eliminate the Use of DSA and Region in Pancreas Allocation Policy
View recordings of national webinars held in June 2019 to learn about SRTR modeling results for kidney and pancreas allocation and to hear committee updates and discussion.