Special public comment proposal
A special public comment proposal, Tracking Candidate Listings for COVID-19 Related Organ Failure, will be available Aug. 31 through Oct. 1. The proposal is sponsored by the Lung Transplantation Committee and would add COVID-19: ARDS and COVID-19: pulmonary fibrosis under Diagnosis Group D in OPTN Policy 10.1.F.i Lung Disease Diagnosis Groups. These diagnoses would also be made available in the dropdown menu for listing candidates in WaitlistSM. Beginning Aug. 31, you may access the proposal here.
Site surveys to be held virtually through Oct. 31
As UNOS continues to monitor the impact of COVID-19, we have determined that all site surveys will continue to be held virtually through Oct. 31. The health and safety of our members and those they care for is our highest priority. Please email MQFeedback@unos.org with any questions about virtual site surveys or monitoring during COVID-19.
OPTN committee meetings to be held virtually through Oct. 31
As UNOS continues to monitor the impact of COVID-19, we have now determined that all OPTN committee meetings scheduled through Oct. 31 will be held virtually. A list of all scheduled meetings will be updated on the calendar of events on the OPTN website to reflect this change, and UNOS will contact all committee members with additional details on how to participate virtually. For questions and requests, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-395-4428.
Top COVID-19 resources
Access webinars, daily data visualizations, the latest guidance, and links to resources from the organ donation and transplantation community on the UNOS COVID-19 resources page. The page includes:
- Current state of organ donation and transplantation: Latest data
- COVID-19 policy and data actions
- Monitoring requirements
- What patients need to know about COVID-19
- Resources for transplant professionals from AST, TTS, CDC and more
Check back frequently for updates.
Featured webinars include:
- COVID-19 Town Hall series: Organ transplant organizations from around the world convened for town hall-style webinars to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on organ donation and transplant.
- AST Special Webinar on Donor and Organ Transplant Issues: The American Society of Transplantation shares information about screening donors and candidates and protecting the workforce.
- New York vs. COVID-19: We ARE Winning! The New York region’s transplant hospitals and OPOs joined forces to share experiences and solutions in a collaborative webinar on organ donation and transplantation during COVID-19.
Access the full list of available webinars here.
COVID-19 webinars now available on UNOS Connect
A series of COVID-19 webinars is now accessible to all members on UNOS Connect. In these educational offerings, transplant and OPO professionals share effective practices related to organ recovery and transplantation during COVID-19. Find course numbers, topics and panelist information here.
- Summer 2020 public comment is open through Oct. 1.
- Register now for summer 2020 virtual regional meetings.
- COVID-19 operational actions to remain in effect through Dec. 31.
We will continue to update the UNOS COVID-19 resources page as guidance is developed and enhanced.