Recorded webinars: Effective practices and guidance
Members, you can now find COVID-19 webinars on UNOS Connect. Transplant and OPO professionals share effective practices related to organ recovery and transplantation during COVID-19. Available now:
- COVID-19: Past, present and future OPO operations
- Telemedicine, transplant and COVID-19: One transplant center’s experience
- COVID-10: Past, present and future transplant center operations
April 17, 2020
New York vs. COVID-19: We ARE Winning!
The New York region’s transplant hospitals and OPOs joined forces to share experiences and solutions in a collaborative webinar on organ donation and transplantation during COVID-19.
- Statewide Communication: Command Center
- Statewide Communication: Upstate Perspectives
- LiveOnNY Becomes a Virtual OPO
- Patient Focused Care: Communication
- Creating a Safe Environment
- Patient Management Outside the Transplant Center
- Staff Education and Support
- Ambulatory Practice Management
April 17, 2020
COVID-19 Special Webinar on Donor and Organ Transplant Issues
The American Society of Transplantation recorded a special module on donor & organ transplant issues.
- Precautions for the Procurement Team
- Screening Donors and Candidates
- Protecting the Workforce: Surgical Aspects
- Protecting the Workforce: Infection Control
April 13, 2020
COVID-19: Organ Donation and Transplant Town Hall International Webinar #2
Organ transplant organizations convened for a second town hall-style webinar to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on organ donation and transplant.
- Updated Data and Registries
- Update on Management
- Ethical Issues
March 23, 2020
COVID-19: Organ Donation and Transplant Town Hall Webinar #1
Organ donation and transplant professionals from around the world convened in a town hall webinar aimed at helping health care professionals navigate the ever-evolving COVID-19 health crisis.
- Presentation, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
- Getting to Transplant
- Operational Issues
- Next Steps: Data Collection and Sharing
- Resources and Final Thoughts
- Overview of screening potential donors: Kevin O’Connor, president and CEO of LifeCenter Northwest (PDF)
- Ways to minimize staff exposure: Kelly Ranum, CEO of the Louisiana Organ Procurement Agency (PDF)
- Questions to ask while managing a transplant program during the COVID-19 outbreak: Luciano Potena, M.D., Ph.D., Dipartimento Cardio-Toraco-Vascolare, Policlinico Sant’Orsola-Malpighi (PDF, 2 pages)
- Protocol for screening potential recipients for heart or lung transplantation: Potena (PDF)