Find resources about liver on the OPTN website, including:
- liver allocation
- liver allocation calculators
- the National Liver Review Board (NLRB)
- current policy and guidance
View resources for liver and intestine-specific policies, calculators, and related educational resources.
- HCC worksheet (for new liver policy as of Oct. 31, 2013)
- HCC template tables (sample templates)
- Liver regional review board operational guidelines (2009)
- Submitting standardized MELD/PELD exception templates (2013)
IN THE NEWS
Shepard welcomes national attention toward improving the nation’s organ matching system
Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, an OPTN center code will be required before an organ transport label order can be placed or fulfilled. UNOS-branded organ labels will no longer be valid after Dec. 31, 2019.
The addition of pancreas data was based on community feedback. UNOS researchers continue to develop new tools to assist members in their work to increase transplants.