View resources for heart- and lung-specific policies, calculators, and related educational resources.
- OPTN Policy 6: Allocation of hearts and heart-lungs
- OPTN heart resources
Go to UNOS Connect to access educational offerings. Select “Heart” in the course catalog.
Learn more about:
- a heart transplant on Transplant Living
- heart allocation on Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network
- OPTN policies 6 and 10: Allocation of heart-lungs, and lungs
- OPTN lung resources
- Toolkit: Lung continuous distribution policy
Oct 13, 2022 webinar: Lung allocation based on continuous distribution. To help lung transplant programs prepare for implementation of the lung allocation policy based on continuous distribution. The presentation reviewed the lung composite allocation score (CAS) and how it differs from the current lung allocation score (LAS). Watch webinar recording.
Go to UNOS Connect to access educational offerings. Select “Lung” in the course catalog.
- a lung transplant on Transplant Living
- lung allocation on Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network
- Narrated, animated video describes, in plain language, the lung Composite Allocation Score (CAS)
Lung Composite Allocation Score (Lung CAS) resources