You may not be aware that multiple guidance documents were recently approved by the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors at its June meeting and are now available on the OPTN website.
You should know that these resources are not OPTN policy and do not carry the monitoring or enforcement implications of policy. They are not official guidelines for clinical practice nor are they intended to be clinically prescriptive.
- Histocompatibility labs Bylaws and Policies Guidance – get assistance with interpreting the bylaws and policies governing histo labs and histocompatibility testing of donors and candidates.
- National Liver Review Board – This document summarizes available evidence to help clinical reviewers in approving candidates for adult MELD exceptions.
- Understanding HIV HBV HCV risks from increased risk donors – use this guidance document to better understand the low risk of window period infection present in PHS increased risk donors.
Recently posted living donor resources:
- Easy-to-read patient version of living donor informed consent policy
- Easy-to-read patient version of living donor informed consent policy – Spanish translation
- Policy checklist for professionals