Updated April 1, 2021:
Effective April 1 Data amnesty status for follow-up forms ends. Learn more.
- Living donor program administrators, data coordinators, quality and regulatory coordinators
- Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from this information
Implementation Date June 23, 2020
The kidney and liver living donor follow-up tools are available for all transplant programs in the visual analytics section of the UNetSM data services portal. The reports provide real-time information about living donor follow-up (LDF) form completion rates in order to help programs comply with the requirements of OPTN policy 18.5. In March 2020, the OPTN board approved an emergency policy that suspended the requirements for centers to complete these forms until September 30, 2020.
What you need to know
The kidney and liver living donor follow-up forms are being revised in order to align with the COVID-19 emergency policy change. In order to continue to provide members with data about their LDFs and also align with the policy change, the reports’ changed affect each section differently.
Changes to the living donor follow-up tools include:
- On the first three “summary” tabs, forms due between March 13, 2020 and September 30, 2020 have been excluded. These forms are not required due to the emergency changes to OPTN policy 18.5, and will not be included in the calculation of form completion rates. In TIEDI, these forms will automatically be changed to “Amnesty” status once they become due
- On the two “detail” tabs, forms due between March 13, 2020 and September 30, 2020 will be denoted by a circle instead of a check or X in the list. Centers can filter the lists to show or exclude these forms for more detailed analyses. Centers can continue to use these tools to download any completed LDF data
- On the “future forms” tab, forms due between March 13, 2020 and September 30, 2020 will have a “Not Req” designation in the right-most column. Centers can continue to download this list of forms, and the download will include this designation
For more information about the changes to OPTN policy 18.5 due to COVID-19, please see the UNOS website. More information about the living donor follow-up tools, including information about download report data to excel, see the user guide which is linked on the tools’ Documentation tab.
The business intelligence team is eager to work directly with members while developing products and revamping the existing catalog. To submit feedback on any of the data services portal tools, or to submit ideas for new tools, please email [email protected].