- Primary Program Administrators. Primary Data Coordinators
- Transplant Administrators, Data Coordinators, Data Analysts, Directors, Quality Coordinators, Quality Directors/Managers, TX Program Administrators/Managers
- Histo Lab Directors, Histo Lab Adms/Managers
- OPTN Member Representatives and Alternate Representatives at histocompatibility labs and transplant programs
- April 1, 2021
Effective April 1, 2021, all required living donor follow-up (LDF), organ specific transplant recipient follow-up (TRF), and recipient malignancy (PTM) forms will resume their expected submission dates as indicated in policy and will no longer be placed in “amnesty” status.
- Beginning April 1, forms that had been placed in amnesty status between March 13, 2020 and March 31, 2021 will be reset to their original expected date.
- Transplant hospitals are responsible for completing these forms by July 1, 2021.
This decision was made as part of OPTN Executive Committee action on March 1, 2021 to approve the proposal “Conclude Relaxation of Data Submission Requirements for Follow-up Forms.”
What you need to do
All LDF, TRF, and PTM forms with an expected due date between March 13, 2020 and March 31, 2021, that are not yet validated, will appear in the Expected Data Section of TIEDI as records that are due.
The deadline, listed in red for each form, will align with the original expected date of the form.
Education and resources
Transplant programs can access a custom report in the UNetSM data services portal to view the degree of form completion their program has currently achieved under the emergency action. This report also provides comparative data to put in context with transplant programs nationwide. Program staff may access the report from the data services portal by selecting Data Quality> Amnesty Summary Report.
- A weekly summary email has been sent and will continue to be sent to program administrators containing a summary of the forms they have due.
- This email will come from the ResearchSQL2019@unos.org email address.
If you have questions please contact UNOS Customer Service at email@example.com, or call 800-978-4334 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
For policy-related questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Organ Center is available 24 hours a day at 800-292-9537.