- All Organs: Primary Program Administrators, TX Program Medical Directors, TX Program Surgical Directors, TX Program – Clinical Coordinators, TX Surgeons-Other, TX Program Administrators/Managers, Organ Procurement Adms/Mgrs, TX Program Directors, Support Staff-Clinical
- Primary OPO Administrative Directors
Transplant programs need to be aware that organs coming from certain organ procurement organizations (OPOs) may have tracking devices attached, and if so, the box will be clearly marked. Transplant programs are asked to return the devices following instructions in this notice.
United Network for Organ sharing, through UNOS LabsSM is testing the ability to create shipments and track organs in transit in UNet℠. This new function is being released in phases to partner OPOs, beginning with LifeNet Health, Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE), OurLegacy and LifeSharing.
What you need to do
If you receive a tracked organ at your program, unless instructed otherwise by the OPO, your program will need to:
- Remove tracking device from box
- Insert into the pre-paid, self-addressed padded mailer provided
- Deliver package to a UPS drop-off
Your program may also have the ability to view the tracking map from within the organ offer in UNet, and receive email notifications about key events or milestones.
This beta test will expand in the coming months to additional OPOs. If your OPO is interested in being involved, please email GPS.Tracking@unos.org.