Since UNOS Connect first launched in 2016, transplant professionals have relied on its online training modules to make sense of policy changes and learn how those changes impact the UNetSM system. We’ve added a new feature to UNOS Connect that you may not be aware of. Managers and administrators now have the ability to easily assign any of our online courses to their staff, track their progress and ensure they stay informed of constantly changing policies and effective practices.
How to get started
- Go to the UNet home page and select UNOS Connect from the Resource tab.
- From the UNOS Connect homepage, click the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Support from the main menu.
- Click Learn more here in the Request Manager Feature section.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the form. Only transplant administrators, OPO executive directors, and UNet site administrators are authorized to complete this form, but you are able to designate up to three managers who will then have access to the tool and be able to assign courses to staff.
- If you have any trouble completing or submitting the form, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to use the tool
On the Request Manager Feature landing page, you’ll find two helpful PDFs that you can download and use as a reference.
- Guide to Register Users for Courses in UNOS Connect (this provides step-by-step instructions for managers on how to assign particular courses to designated individuals; at this time, you will only be able to view and assign training to UNet Users in UNOS Connect)
- Guide to Running Reports in UNOS Connect (this resource walks managers through the different ways they can use the tool to track staff progress or view their transcripts)
Making your job easier
Start using this tool today to ensure your staff has the latest and greatest information to do their job effectively. Not only is it a great onboarding tool for new transplant center and OPO staff, but you can also use it for employee reviews and goal setting. It’s also an easy way to ensure your staff get their recommended number of CEUs each year.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding UNOS Connect, please contact us at email@example.com.