Updated Mar. 2, 2021:
Follow-up forms due on or after April 1, 2021, will again be subject to usual OPTN policy requirements. Transplant hospitals will have until July 1, 2021, to submit forms previously placed in “amnesty” status. Read here for details.
- Primary Program Administrators, Primary Data Coordinators, living donor transplant program directors, administrators, data coordinators, clinical coordinators, regulatory affairs coordinators/managers, quality directors/managers, quality coordinators, compliance officers, clinical support staff, kidney paired donation primary and alternate contacts, kidney paired donation match offer support
- Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from this information.
Implementation date: 04/13/2020
The required submission of the following TIEDI® forms has been suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Living donor follow-up form, or LDF
- Organ-specific transplant recipient follow-up form, or TRF
- Recipient malignancy form, or PTM
This provision will be backdated to apply to all LDF, TRF or PTM forms due beginning March 13, 2020, the date of the presidential declaration of an emergency. It expires Sept. 30, 2020, although the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network Executive Committee will review and may extend the time frame if needed.*
Read the April 3 OPTN Emergency Policy Package.
If a form has not been submitted by its due date, the system will automatically update the form status from “Expected” to a new status of “Amnesty”. There are no changes to requirements to report living donor events.
*The Executive Committee of the OPTN, at a virtual meeting held July 30, extended the expiration date for a set of operational actions to help members address and document COVID-19 issues affecting organ donation and transplantation. The measures will stay in effect, subject to ongoing review of their applicability and effectiveness.
What you need to do
Directions were included in an e-mail sent April 11 and are posted in a system notice in Secure Enterprise.
Education and resources
TIEDI online help documentation has been updated with information on searching for and updating forms that have been moved to the Amnesty status.
If you have questions relating to implementation, contact UNOS Customer Service at [email protected] or call 800-978-4334 from 8 am to 7 pm EST.
For policy-related questions, contact [email protected].
The UNOS COVID-19 resources page is refreshed regularly with the most current updates and resources. Please check back frequently for updates.