Webinar: Organ Donation—Impacts of COVID-19
The ESRD National Coordinating Center (NCC) is offering a webinar Sept. 30 from 3 to 4 p.m. EDT. Liz Lehr, senior vice-president and executive director of LifeLink Florida, will discuss:
- How organ donation impacts quality improvement goals during a pandemic.
- The impact of COVID-19 on deceased organ donation in the U.S.
- The impact of COVID-19 on living and deceased kidney transplants in the U.S.
- COVID-19 testing and screening processes.
The NCC is offering one continuing education unit (CEU) at no cost to attendees. Register now.
Site surveys will be held virtually through Dec. 31
The period during which site surveys will be held virtually has been extended from Oct. 31 to Dec. 31. Please email [email protected] with any questions about virtual site surveys or monitoring during COVID-19.
Current state of organ donation and transplantation: The latest data
The waitlist snapshot is updated on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Transplants by week and deceased donors recovered by week are updated every Monday. Check the data visualization tool on the UNOS COVID-19 resources page for more information.
Donor data collection for COVID-19 testing
Since April 21, data collection elements have been added to DonorNet® to capture information regarding donor COVID-19 testing under the “Infectious Diseases” tab. OPOs can record whether testing was performed on the donor, and have the ability to report more than one test result. Read more about COVID-19 donor testing data collection.
SRTR COVID-19 evaluation app now live
The first version of the COVID-19 evaluation application is now live on the SRTR public website. The application presents the differences in waitlist outcomes, offer acceptance, post-transplant graft survival, and donor utilization before and after the emergence of COVID-19. The evaluation includes a wide range of descriptive statistics and adjusted analyses, including the effect of COVID-19 on patient subgroups (e.g., candidate age). This app will have periodic updates. If you have questions about the current version of the app, please contact SRTR.
- OPTN committee meetings will be held virtually through Oct. 31. A list of all scheduled meetings will be updated on the calendar of events on the OPTN website to reflect this change. For questions and requests, please e-mail [email protected].
- The Nov. 5 meeting of the OPTN Policy Oversight Committee will be held virtually. For questions, please e-mail [email protected].
For COVID-19 related policy and operational questions, contact [email protected].
We will continue to update the UNOS COVID-19 resources page as guidance is developed and enhanced.