FDA expands Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine booster eligibility to children 5 through 11 years
FDA authorizes first nonprescription COVID-19 test that also detects flu and RSV
The test utilizes at-home sample collection with testing performed in a laboratory. Read the release on the FDA website.
FDA limits use of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine to certain individuals
- The FDA has limited the authorized use of the vaccine to certain individuals 18 years of age or older. Read the key points of this update.
FDA announces tentative committee meeting schedule to discuss COVID-19 vaccines
- The FDA has announced their plans to hold virtual meetings to discuss multiple COVID-19 vaccines and emergency use authorization requests. Read the tentative list of upcoming meetings.
NIH updates guidance for second doses of Evusheld
- The National Institute of Health’s (NIH) COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel had modified their recommendations for the second dose of Evusheld based on the amount of time that has passed since the first dose was administered. Read the latest recommendations from NIH.
Help your patients locate Evusheld therapy
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services maintains a national map displaying public locations that have received shipments of COVID-19 therapeutics such as Evusheld, Molnupiravir and Bebtelovimab. These therapies require a prescription, and the locator is intended for provider use.
The latest data on organ donation and transplant in the U.S.
- Find high-level data on transplants, deceased donors recovered, patients added to the waitlist and patients temporarily moved to inactive waitlist status.
- For COVID-19 related policy and operational questions, email [email protected]
- For information and updates about the status of in-person vs. virtual OPTN committee meetings, check the OPTN calendar of events.