CDC releases infographic showing COVID-19 vaccination schedule recommendations for patients
CDC has released a new infographic showing recommended vaccine doses and schedules, including recommendations for those who are immunocompromised. See the infographic.
NIH updates vaccine guidance for potential organ donors
The National Institute of Health’s (NIH) COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel has added COVID-19 vaccination recommendations for potential organ and stem cell donors and for close contacts of transplant and cellular immunotherapy candidates and recipients. Read the latest recommendations from NIH.
- FDA expands Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine booster eligibility to children 5 through 11 years. Read the release.
- FDA authorizes first nonprescription COVID-19 test that also detects flu and RSV. Read the release.
- FDA limits use of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine to certain individuals 18 years of age or older. Read the key points of this update.
- FDA revises committee meeting schedule to discuss COVID-19 vaccines. Read the new list of upcoming meetings.
Help your patients locate Evusheld therapy
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services maintains a national map displaying public locations that have received shipments of COVID-19 therapeutics such as Evusheld, Molnupiravir and Bebtelovimab. These therapies require a prescription, and the locator is intended for provider use.
The latest data on organ donation and transplant in the U.S.
- Find high-level data on transplants, deceased donors recovered, patients added to the waitlist and patients temporarily moved to inactive waitlist status.
- Update on COVID-19 in transplantation: from travel to treatment. The Transplant Center at Massachusetts General Hospital hosted a virtual event May 27, 2022, to share the latest updates on COVID-19 and transplantation. Watch recording.
- For COVID-19 related policy and operational questions, email [email protected]
- For information and updates about the status of in-person vs. virtual OPTN committee meetings, check the OPTN calendar of events.
Patient-friendly information for members to share
Scan this QR code to find COVID-19 resources for patients at TransplantLiving.org including:
- Frequently asked questions
- Vaccine and treatment updates
- Spanish-language resources