FDA authorizes Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines for children from 6 months of age
The FDA has authorized emergency use of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines for the prevention of COVID-19 to include use in children from 6 months of age. Read the release.
The latest data on organ donation and transplant in the U.S.
Find high-level data on transplants, deceased donors recovered, patients added to the waitlist and patients temporarily moved to inactive waitlist status.
CDC releases infographic showing COVID-19 vaccination schedule recommendations for patients
- CDC has released a new infographic showing vaccine schedules for most people and for those who are immunocompromised. See the infographic.
NIH updates vaccine guidance for potential organ donors
- The National Institute of Health’s (NIH) COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel has added COVID-19 vaccination recommendations for potential organ and stem cell donors and for close contacts of transplant and cellular immunotherapy candidates and recipients. Read the latest recommendations from NIH.
- FDA expands Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine booster eligibility to children 5 through 11 years. Read the release.
- FDA authorizes first nonprescription COVID-19 test that also detects flu and RSV. Read the release.
- FDA limits use of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine to certain individuals 18 years of age or older. Read the key points of this update.
- FDA revises committee meeting schedule to discuss COVID-19 vaccines. Read the new list of upcoming meetings.
Help your patients locate Evusheld therapy
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services maintains a national map displaying public locations that have received shipments of COVID-19 therapeutics such as Evusheld, Molnupiravir and Bebtelovimab. These therapies require a prescription, and the locator is intended for provider use.
- Update on COVID-19 in transplantation: from travel to treatment. The Transplant Center at Massachusetts General Hospital hosted a virtual event May 27, 2022, to share the latest updates on COVID-19 and transplantation. Watch recording.