Thank you for helping us exceed our $30,000 #LifeGivingTuesday goal!
This year we reached 1 million transplants in the U.S. When you support UNOS you help get us to the next million even faster.
Your support is crucial for advancing research to make more lifesaving transplants possible and honoring all who give the gift of life. Join our community committed to saving the lives of every child and adult waiting.
Double your impact!
Every dollar given on Nov. 29 saves lives. CareDx generously matched the first $10,000 donated to UNOS on November 29.
Invite your friends and family to join you in supporting a mission you care about.
Create a fundraiser
Bring awareness to a cause you care deeply about by sharing why you support UNOS and encouraging your friends and family to get involved.
Let us know about your fundraiser and we’ll send you UNOS gear! Contact [email protected].
Images to share
SAMPLE CAPTION: Today is #GivingTuesday! Join me in supporting UNOS to further their lifesaving work managing the nation’s organ transplant system. Let’s help towards their one-day $30,000 #LifeGivingTuesday goal to save even more lives! unos.org/give
FAQs and fast facts
Fast facts to share
Help people understand the need and the innovative work UNOS is doing to increase transplants on your fundraising page with these fast facts.
- We have achieved a historic milestone of 1 million transplants; however, this work isn’t done — more than 100,000 people are still waiting, with more added each day.
- More than 40,000 organ transplants are performed each year, an average of 113 per day.
- 17 lives are lost each day because they do not receive a transplant in time.
- You can help save more lives by investing in projects and research to increase the organ supply and increase efficiencies in the transplant system.
- Find more stats here: https://unos.org/data/
- UNOS mission: to unite and strengthen the donation and transplant community to save lives.
- UNOS vision: a lifesaving transplant for everyone in need.
- UNOS tagline: Saving lives together
Why does my gift matter?
Your giving saves lives. Currently, more than 100,000 people are waiting for an organ transplant in the United States. Every day, an average of 113 children and adults will receive their lifesaving transplant. Unfortunately, on that same day, 17 people will die before their match is made. Your support funds initiatives to close this gap, getting us closer to our vision of a lifesaving transplant for everyone in need.
What does my support do?
Your gift to UNOS invests in solutions to save more lives by making our nation’s transplant system more equitable and effective. These solutions reduce patient wait time, enhance recipient quality of life, and increase the number of transplants for the thousands of children and adults with end-stage organ failure on the waiting list.
To learn more about what your generosity makes possible, visit UNOS.org/impact.
Is UNOS accredited?
UNOS is committed to trust and accountability. We are proud of our platinum-level designation by GuideStar, the premier source of information on U.S. non-profit organizations. Learn more about our annual financial reporting.
Is my gift tax-deductible? What’s UNOS’ EIN or Tax ID?
Is my gift tax-deductible?
UNOS is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
What’s UNOS’ EIN or Tax ID?
What is UNOS’ address and how do I give by check?
How else can I get involved or learn more about other giving options?
Invest in innovation
- Join Lifeforce and sustain our mission monthly
- Give cryptocurrency, stock, or make a qualified charitable distribution
- See if your employer will match your giving
- Leave a lifesaving legacy by including UNOS in your will or retirement plan
- Rally friends and family to join you in supporting a cause you care about by creating a fundraiser
- Educate others about UNOS, organ donation, and transplantation by becoming an Ambassador
- Influence change by becoming an Advocate
- Shape the nation’s transplant system by serving on the Board of Directors or Committees
Contact Lindsey Jennings, Senior Philanthropy Officer for more information and assistance: