The UNOS Transplant Management Forum Planning Committee is now accepting abstract submissions for the 2023 forum in Denver, Colorado. Members of the UNOS TMF Planning Committee will review your submission based on the guidelines and consider it for oral or poster presentation and for one of the $1,000 Transplant Management Forum Abstract sponsored awards, to be announced at the annual event.
Submission form and deadline guidelines:
- Abstract submissions will be accepted April 11 through November 18, 2022.
- Abstracts will not be accepted past midnight Eastern Time of the stated deadline.
- All abstracts must be submitted using the online form.
- Abstract forms are to be submitted electronically to [email protected].
Financial Operations: Transplant Patient Evaluation Education Packets: Why Can’t We Do This Electronically
- Kelsey Breecher, MPA; Denice Graham, MSL, MBA; Shawn Reyes; Sena Wilson-Sheehan, MA
- Mayo Clinic/Phoenix, AZ
- Sponsored by Transplant Management Group, LLC
QAPI, Safety and Regulatory: The CAP Project (Phase 1): A High Volume Transplant Program’s Approach to Reimaging the Journey from Referral to Listing for Kidney Transplant Candidates
- Anna Mello, MHA, CPHQ; Deborah Adey, MD; Chris Freise, MD; Ryutaro Hirose, MD; Jennifer Kerney, NP; Carolyn Light, MPA
- University of California San Francisco Health
- Sponsored by Cincinnati Children’s
Clinical Operations: Hospital Administration Considerations for Implementation of NormothermicRegional Perfusion DCD Heart Transplant Program
- Amanda Cole RN, BSN, MPH; Kathleen CaweltiRN, BSN; Brandon Jackson BS, CTP; DeepaKurupRN, MSN, MBA; TamraMagee RN, MSN; Victor Pretorius MBChB
- University of California San Diego Health
- Sponsored by eHealth Technologies
Strategy, Marketing, and Leadership: Multichannel Communications Strategy to Promote Severe Alcoholic Hepatitis Transplant Program While Raising Awareness of Addiction Medicine and Treatment
- Daniel A. Carrigan, BA; MannejaCordray, BS; Caitlin Winkler, MSN, RN, NE-BC
- VCU Health Hume-Lee Transplant Center
- Sponsored by TransMedics
Advancing Organ Donation: Big Needs for the Littlest People – Improving Potential Donor Referral Rates at a Pediatric Hospital
- Laura Hulse, MSN, RN, CPHQ, CCTC
- The Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters
- Sponsored by Emerging Therapy Solutions
Best of the Best: Lessons Learned from a Clinical Pathway on Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Undergoing Heart Transplant
- Claudia Algaze, MD, MS; Seth Hollander, MD
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
- Sponsored by AST – Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice
Financial Operations: Protocol Innovation – Renal Transplantation in Patients with AHUS
- Marie Morgievich, MS, RN, APN-C, CCTC, Kim Tibaldi, MD, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ
- Category and award sponsored by Transplant Management Group, LLC
- Read all Financial Operations category abstracts
QAPI, Safety and Regulatory: Utilizing Online Educational Modules and Flowcharts to Improve Organ Check-In and ABO Verification Compliance
- Lindsay Adamski, MPH, Fauzia K. Butt, MD, FACS, Susie Ceschini, RN, BSN, CNOR, Michelle Carraher, BS, Zakiyah Kadry, MD, FACS, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Category and award sponsored by CareDx
- Read all QAPI, Safety and Regulatory category abstracts
Clinical Operations: Innovation Out Of Necessity: Launching an Internal Transplant Mobile Phlebotomy Service to Enhance Patient Safety In The Midst Of Covid-19
- Sharyn Kreitzer, MSW, Gabriella Boulton, BA, Sheril Johnson-Locke, BS, NYU Langone Health, New York
- Category and award sponsored by MedSleuth
- Read all Clinical Operations category abstracts
Strategy, Marketing, and Leadership: With the New Allocation Change, Should Transplant Centers Start Pumping Kidneys?
- Yuriy Yushkov, PhD, MBA, CTP, Benjamin Schleich, PhD, MBA, MSISE, CPPS, DSHS, Toni Carrea, CST, AAS, Vikram Wadhera, MD, Michael J. Goldstein, MD, FACS, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
- Category and award sponsored by XVIVO Perfusion
- Read all Strategy, Marketing and Leadership category abstracts
Advancing Organ Donation: Launching a National Living Donor Registry
- Jennifer Milton, BSN, CCTC, MBA, David Fleming, BS, MBA, Karen Headley, BS, Donate Life America, Richmond, VA
- Category and award sponsored by Emerging Therapy Solutions
- Read all Advancing Organ Donation category abstracts
Best of the Best: Monitoring Transformation: Minimizing Financial Costs Associated with Surveillance Protocol for HCV+ Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Marie Morgievich, MS, RN, APN-C, CCTC, Colleen Dowling, RN, MS, APN-C, CCTC, Anup Patel, MD, Mary Collazo, RN, MSN, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ
- Category and award sponsored by AST Tx Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice
- Read Best of the Best abstract
Finance category: “Use of Six Sigma to Improve the HLA Billing Process Resulting in Substantial Recovery.”
- William Maixner, MHA; Luke McKinley, MBA; Adrian Thompson, B.S.; Pamela Kimball, Ph.D.; and Marlon F. Levy, M.D.; of VCU Health Hume-Lee Transplant Center, Richmond, Va.
- Sponsored by Transplant Management Group, LLC
- Read all 2020 finance category abstracts
QAPI and safety category: “Multidisciplinary Response to Donor ABO Discrepancy-Related Adverse Event.”
- Victoria Hunter, B.S.N, RN-C, CCTC; Arika Hoffman, M.D; Sue Miller, RN, CCTC; Scott Koepsell, M.D., Ph.D; Clifford Miles, M.D; of Nebraska Medicine, Omaha, Neb. Kyle Herber, Live On Nebraska.
- Sponsored by CareDx
- Read all 2020 QAPI and safety category abstracts
Clinical, operations and innovation category: “Changing Post-Transplant Care with Telemedicine.”
- Abhinav Rastogi, MBA, MIS; Nicole Patlakh, B.S., Temple Hospital, Philadelphia.
- Sponsored by LifeTrac Network
- Read all 2020 clinical, operations and innovation category abstracts
Strategy and marketing category: “Increasing Patient Referrals for Transplant Through a Combined Outreach/Referral/Scheduling Coordinator Position.”
- Janine Vallen, RN, MSN, CCTN, APN-C; Michelle Preziosa, of Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes Transplant, Camden, N.J.
- Sponsored by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Read all 2020 strategy and marketing category abstracts
Regulatory category: “Improving Regulatory Readiness Through a Compliance Dashboard.”
- Jenna Lawson, M.S., M.S.N, RN; Lindsay Smith, of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Sponsored by HCA Healthcare
- Read all 2020 regulatory category abstracts
Best of the Best abstract: “Early Extubation in Liver Transplant Patients.”
- Scott Bennett, M.S; Zachary Davis, B.S.N, RN; Bailor Hardman, M.D.; Keith Murray, B.S.N, RN, CCRN-K; Susan Neill-Fogus, B.S.N, RN; Chen Shi, M.D.; Leonor Sosa, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC; Parsia Vagefi, M.D.; of UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas.
- Sponsored by Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice