- DonorNet® users at all OPOs and transplant hospitals
- Sept. 21, 2022
Two new enhancements have been added to DonorNet. These enhancements display as tooltips, visible when the user hovers over a button or question mark icon in DonorNet:
- A tooltip for primary and backup notification offers will display the following information
- The date and time that the notification was sent, formatted to your current time zone.
- The amount of time elapsed since the notification was sent. This will display when the offer response is still “Provisional Yes” and will continue to count to 24 hours.
- Tooltips for “Follow Donor” and “Send Alert” features display more prominently on the donor record.
- Users that sign up to follow donors can receive email or text alerts about recovery times and location.
- OPOs can push out updates to all users that have elected to follow the donor using the Send Alert feature.
UNOS worked in partnership with the community on the design and development of these features during the August 2022 IT Collaboration event at the Organization for donation and Transplant Professionals’ (NATCO) annual meeting.
Education and resources
UNetSM help documentation has been updated. Professional education is also available for the follow donor functionality UNOS Connect:
- SYS185: Tools and Tips for Following a Donor
For policy-related questions, contact [email protected]
The Organ Center is available 24 hours a day at 800-292-9537