Implementation date: Sept. 12, 2017
- Transplant hospital staff
- Histocompatibility lab staff
- OPTN KPD program participants
Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from this information.
At a glance:
The system changes related to updating the HLA equivalency tables and adding DQA1 equivalences are now in effect. Although we originally planned to implement this system change on August 29, we changed that date to September 12 because of a patient safety-related concern brought forward by the transplant community during beta testing.
Consequently, as of today, we have implemented all of the changes detailed in the initial system notice, except for the allele-level typing options for DR51, DR52 and DR53.
We did not add the following options:
- For DR51: 5*01:01 and 5*02:02
- For DR52: 3*01:01, 3*02:02 and 3*03:01
- For DR53: 4*01:01 and 4*01:03
If you need additional information about entering allele-level HLA typing data for your candidate, please access this resource .
To view the updated Antigen Equivalence tables in detail, consult: Policy 4, located on the OPTN website.
The following policy notices all contributed to these system changes:
- HLA Equivalency Table 2015 Updates
- Executive Committee action: Annual Update to Equivalency Tables (2015)
- Executive Committee action: Removing DQA1*04:03N
If you have questions about these system changes, please contact the UNet Help Desk at (800) 978-4334. For general questions, particularly those related to compliance, monitoring or policy, please contact your UNOS Regional Administrator at 804-782-4800.