The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is offering nine proposals for public comment beginning on Tuesday, January 22.
Comments and replies will be published on https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/governance/public-comment/, to promote transparency and trust in the national transplant system. Visitors can also share comments on social media, if they wish.
We encourage patients, transplant candidates and recipients, living donors, donor families and transplant professionals to learn more about the proposals and provide valuable feedback to help shape U.S. organ transplant policy.
These are the proposals available for public comment:
- Clarifications on Reporting Maintenance Dialysis
- Eliminate the Use of DSA and Region from Kidney and Pancreas Allocation
- Eliminate the Use of DSAs in Thoracic Distribution
- Eliminate the Use of Regions in VCA Distribution
- Ethical Implications of Multi-Organ Transplants
- Expedited Placement of Livers
- Guidance on Effective Practices in Broader Distribution
- Modify HOPE Act Variance to Include Other Organs
- Split Liver Variance
The purpose of these webinars is to give everyone an opportunity to learn about the proposals on the discussion agenda.
Public comment closes on March 22. We review all comments we receive about a proposed change before the OPTN Board of Directors votes on it.