The winter 2021 public comment cycle opens Jan. 21 and will close March 23. The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is offering six proposals, two requests for feedback, and one white paper for public comment.
Comments and replies will be published here on the OPTN website to promote transparency and trust in the national transplant system. Visitors also have the option to share their posted comments to social media.
We encourage patients, transplant candidates and recipients, living donors, donor families and transplant professionals to learn more about the proposals and provide their valuable feedback to help shape U.S. organ transplant policy.
Items available for public comment:
- 2021-2024 OPTN Strategic Plan
- Calculate Median MELD at Transplant around the Donor Hospital and Update Sorting within Liver Allocation
- Clarify Multi-Organ Allocation Policy
- Develop Measures for Primary Graft Dysfunction in Hearts
- Modify the Deceased Donor Registration (DDR) Form
- Require Notification of Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Typing Changes
- Revise General Considerations in Assessment for Transplant Candidacy
- Update National Liver Review Board Guidance Documents and Policy Clarification
- Update Transplant Program Key Personnel Training and Experience Requirements
Educational resources will be made available Jan. 21 to provide multiple opportunities to learn more about the proposals.
All comments are reviewed and considered by the OPTN Board of Directors before they vote on the proposals to become policy. Learn more about the policy development process here.