- Organ Procurement Organization (OPO)
- Primary OPO Administrative Directors, Primary Data Coordinators
- Organ Procurement Adms/Mgrs, Regulatory Affairs Coordinators/Managers, Compliance Officers, Data Coordinators, OPO Quality Managers/Coordinators, Quality Coordinators, Quality Directors/Managers, Organ Placement Coordinators, Organ Procurement Coordinators, Organ Procurement Adms/Mgrs
- Transplant Center (TXC)
- Liver Primary Program Administrators, Primary Data Coordinators, Primary Physicians, Primary Surgeons
- Liver TX Program Administrators/Managers, TX Program Directors, TX Program Medical Directors, Clinical Training Coordinators/Managers, TX Program – Clinical Coordinators, Support Staff-Clinical, Data Coordinators, Regulatory Affairs Coordinators/Managers, Compliance Officers, Quality Directors/Managers, Quality Coordinators, TX Program Surgical Directors, TX Surgeons
With the implementation of expedited liver placement on March 25, 2021, it was suggested as a best practice to designate a direct decision maker as the expedited offer contact due to these organ offers having an evaluation time limit of 30 minutes. As it is not always possible to have separate local, import, and expedited contacts, it is important to distinguish the difference in these offer types to aid the on call contact in making efficient decisions. To distinguish the expedited liver offers, the voice and text will now state that the offer is “expedited.”
Please note, it is possible for the local or import on call contact to receive a notification for the liver, pre-initiation of expedited placement. However, once expedited placement is initiated, the expedited on call contact will receive further organ offers should the candidate qualify to receive the organ.
What you need to do
No action is needed, this change will be seen automatically.
Education and resources
- Look for the following course in UNOS Connect, accessible to UNetSM users through the resources tab on the Secure Enterprise (UNet) homepage.
- Search by course number SYS164
- Or “Expedited Liver Placement for OPOs and TXCs”
- Opting in job aid linked to course
- System related FAQ linked to course (also found in DonorNet® Online Help)
- OPTN policy notice: Expedited Liver Placement.
- Toolkit: Expedited Liver Placement.
- Online help documentation covering UNet functionality will be available when the system updates go into effect. Access Secure Enterprise and then choose either WaitlistSM or DonorNet. On the Help menu, click Online Help. You may search for a specific help topic or use the table of contents to assist with your search.
- Use our supported browsers to optimize functionality on the UNet system. Prepare for UNet to stop supporting the Internet Explorer web browser on Sept. 30, 2021. An email with more information was sent to UNet users and posted to Secure Enterprise on Nov. 30, 2020.
For policy-related questions, contact email@example.com.