- OPO users of TransNetSM mobile for Android
- Oct. 19, 2022
TransNet mobile for Android devices now supports multi-factor authentication (MFA).
TransNet Android users will be asked to:
- Log in with their UNetSM credentials and MFA when using the app.
- Users will need to login online each time after logging off, closing the app, or if they are inactive for 30 minutes.
- Offline login will no longer be supported on Android
- Users will need an active internet connection in order to login to the app.
After logging in, functions available offline today will continue to be available (such as packaging and shipping organs).
What you need to do
Users are encouraged to visit the Google Play Store to update TransNet mobile.
Before updating TransNet mobile, users should Wi-Fi transfer active cases from their device to avoid any issues. Users can Wi-Fi transfer the cases back down once your app has been updated.
After updating the app, users will be able to login into TransNet mobile using their UNet credentials and MFA.
Education and resources
Updated help documentation is available in TransNet.
If you have questions relating to implementation, contact UNOS Customer Service at [email protected], or call 800-978-4334 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
For policy-related questions, contact [email protected].
The Organ Center is available 24 hours a day at 800-292-9537.