Audience: (Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from it.)
- OPTN representatives and OPTN alternate representatives
- Transplant administrators and directors
- OPO administrative directors
- Histocompatibility lab general supervisors
- UNetSM site security administrators
Aug. 1, 2023
Updates to OPTN Policy 3.1: Access to Computer Systems have been implemented.
The updated policy requires the following from all organ procurement organizations (OPOs), transplant hospitals and histocompatibility laboratory members:
- At least one person at your organization designated with the OPTN to serve in the new role of information security contact. If you have already designated this individual, you do not need to do so again
- Develop a process and report declared cybersecurity incidents as defined in the policy notice to the OPTN by calling the Organ Center at (800) 292-9537
- Have designated at least two site security administrators for your organization for OPOs and histocompatibility laboratories, and at least two site security administrators per approved program for transplant hospitals.
Members out of compliance are in the process of being contacted by the OPTN with information on what steps must be taken to become compliant with policy.
If you have any questions about these changes, please email [email protected]. Thank you for keeping our system safe.