Transplant clinical coordinators have access to an ongoing educational resource developed late last year by UNOS and the OPTN Transplant Coordinators Committee (TCC). The series currently includes 5 courses, three of which you can access immediately and two others that will be released soon.
These and other professional educational offerings are available on UNOS Connect, UNOS’ one-stop shop for all educational resources. From the homepage, first select Course Catalog, then select the appropriate category for the training you are interested in.
Topics available now:
- Roles and Responsibility of a Transplant Coordinator (category: Quality/Effective Practices)
- Managing the Waitlist (category: System)
- Managing the Inactive Waitlist–you must complete “Managing the Waitlist” before viewing this course (category: System)
- Coordinating Organ Offers – June 22, 2017
Summarizes the basic steps in organ allocation from match run to organ offer, evaluation, and eventual response. Also highlights effective practices in communication and evaluation. (Category: System)
- Coordinator Retention – August 2017 (category: Quality/Effective Practices)