Beginning Feb. 28, 2024, site security administrators will have four weeks to complete the required audit of their UNet users. Prior to completing the audit, site security administrators must complete the updated training course UNet Security Administration (SYS 150) in UNOS Connect. The course is assigned to existing site security administrators and can be accessed from the UNOS Connect homepage under your assigned training. You will receive an email notification of the assignment.
By taking this course, you will learn about the newest change to the user audit, that second person validation is required. All security groups in the audit must be verified by two site security administrators assigned to the member organization. This is an additional requirement of this audit cycle to ensure a thorough review of security groups, permissions and users is not conducted by a single individual.
The audit must be completed by the deadline or access to the system could be impacted.
Recent Security Administration enhancements:
- The audit summary screen in UNet Security Administration will inform site security administrators whether a security group is verified, unverified, eligible for, or awaiting second validation
- Recent policy changes require each member OPO, histocompatibility lab and transplant hospital program designate at least two site security administrators. If you do not have at least two site security administrators in place per program/organization, you will not be able to fully complete the audit
- A report has been added to UNet Security Administration that allows site security administrators to easily search for other site security administrators at member locations
- Site security administrators will receive email notifications if the audit is not completed within the allotted time frame
- Site security administrators who have not completed their organization’s audit will see a reminder every time they log into UNet to complete the audit
- You will receive additional communication when the audit opens on Feb. 28
- There is an updated, all-inclusive training, UNet Security Administration, that covers these changes to the user audit. This is the same training that must be completed during the first audit cycle by all site security administrators to retain security administration privileges
What you need to do:
- Complete the annual site security administrator training, UNet Security Administration
- Complete the UNet User Audit by close of business on March 28, 2024