Audience: (Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from it.)
- Directors, administrators, managers, data and quality coordinators
Nov. 1, 2023
Starting Nov. 1, users will no longer be able to attach files to donor records in DonorNet® via email ([email protected]) or fax (877-366-6768). Users will need to utilize the other tools currently available to upload attachments to donor records.
What you need to do
Please begin using these three options for attaching files to donor records in DonorNet:
Upload Directly to DonorNet
- Upload files directly into DonorNet on the “Attachments” tab of the donor record. You can add up to 10 attachments with each save and can easily update and version attachments as needed.
Create new attachments using DonorNet MobileSM
- Use the mobile application to quickly and securely take images of documents or organs from your device and attach to the donor record. This attachment feature eliminates the need to save images on staff devices ensuring donor PHI is protected.
Attach documents directly from your donor EHR using our API (most secure and efficient method)
- The DonorNet Attachments API allows OPOs to sync attachments in their electronic donor record with DonorNet.
- If your organization uses a commercial donor EHR, ask your vendor if they have made this feature available in your version.
- If your organization uses a homegrown donor EHR, contact [email protected] for developer assistance.
- For further information, contact [email protected]. We are here to help.
As a reminder, it is best practice is to review your donor records to confirm your files have been uploaded correctly.
Education and resources
The following educational offerings are available in UNOS Connect:
- UNet University: DonorNet for OPOs, Navigate to “Uploading Files”
- DonorNet Mobile for OPOs
For policy-related questions, contact [email protected].
The Organ Center is available 24 hours a day at 800-292-9537.