Audience (Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from it.)
- TIEDI® data entry roles at transplant programs, OPOs and histocompatibility labs, program directors/administrators, quality managers, transplant/donation coordinators, and data coordinators.
Target date of June 2022
New requirements under revisions to OPTN Policy 18: Data Submission Requirements include both a modification to the due dates and a data lock provision to make changes to any of the eight TIEDI® forms.
The implementation date for those requirements has been pushed to a target date of June 2022.
The collection of this OPTN data is subject to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, which requires approval from the federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The OMB approval process may impact the implementation timeline.
What you need to do
No action is required at this time; however, we encourage you to explore our data tools on managing data submissions. The tools include two reports that were developed to help members review data for accuracy, so members can correct forms before final submission.
Data lock preview reports
- Spreadsheets designed to identify unknown, missing, and other values outside of expected range for all data elements on the included TIEDI forms. There is one row per data element identified as a possible issue.
- Spreadsheets are updated weekly and review all data elements on those forms, not just those included in the SRTR reports.
Data lock dashboard
- A Tableau dashboard that allows administrators and quality managers to see the frequency of data elements flagged at their institution compared to the U.S., along with trends over the past 12 months.
- Once the data lock policy is implemented in TIEDI, this dashboard will also include data on the number of times forms at their institution are unlocked and the reasons for making a data change.
If you have questions relating to implementation, contact UNOS Customer Service at [email protected], or call 800-978-4334 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
For policy-related questions, contact [email protected].