Transplant center STAR files contain datasets of information related to your waiting list registrations and transplants. UNOS creates the file based on data your center enters into Waiting List and TIEDI applications as well as additional data elements collected from OPOs and histocompatibility labs. We also include patient deaths reported from other sources.
Based on requests from transplant professionals and also items identified by UNOS research staff, we have added data elements to the center STAR files. The updated data files that reflect the specific changes will be available on June 4, 2018; updated corresponding file layouts will be made available, along with the current file layouts, on May 23, 2018. Consequently, you need to be sure to adjust any automated process you use to import these files.
We will implement the following changes with the June Center STAR file release:
- LIVER: Donor INR; Recipient Crossmatch (T cell, B cell); SODIUM170_VAL_DON; HBA1C
- KIDPAN: HBA1C
- KIDPAN: DAYSWAIT_CHRON_KI and DAYSWAIT_CHRON_PA – The values for these fields are also captured by the DAYSWAIT_CHRON field, therefore are duplicative and will be removed; DAYSWAIT_CHRON field will remain.
Where to find them
All centers can access their center STAR files from the Data Services Portal in UnetSM. Select Resources from the main menu, then Data Services, then My Data Files. You’ll find the updated file layouts under Documentation. If you are unable to access any of these sections, contact your UNet site administrator.
What you should know about Center STAR files
- Data is available “on demand” to all centers with no need to submit a data request
- We update the information monthly
- Information includes all waiting list registrations and transplants performed at your institution since 10/1/1987
- You can access detailed follow-up, post-transplant malignancy, and immunosuppression information about your transplant recipients
- Available in both SAS CPORT and delimited formats
Contact UNOS Customer Service at 1-800-978-4334 or email@example.com.