The data confirmation period will begin on Friday, Jan. 17 and continue through Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020.
Information regarding whether a patient is currently living or deceased is important to the analysis and understanding of the outcomes of transplantation (particularly for those patients not actively being followed by a transplant program). United Network for Organ Sharing uses data from other sources as supplements. Incorporation of these data into the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network database requires confirming the most recent patient status for a selection of patients.
The Patient Status Confirmation List is housed within Secure Enterprise℠. This tool is available twice a year, for minimum of two weeks. It allows transplant centers the opportunity to confirm or update the most recent known status for the included patients within the open reporting period.
These updated patient status data will be used by UNOS and provided to the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients for use in their reports and analyses, including OPTN committee analyses and the SRTR’s program-specific reports.
What data will be collected between Jan. 17 and Jan. 30?
- During this period any user having permission to “Waitlist℠: REMOVE a Candidate”, and/or “TIEDI®: EDIT forms/Report Death at a Center/Program” which has data in need of confirmation, will see a “Patient Status Confirmation” section on their Secure Enterprise Landing page. The link will include a “Confirm Patient Status” link to the data collection tool.
- That link will allow access to a list containing relevant information for each patient, as well as instructions for making the updates.
- If the link appears in your landing page, please complete the status for patients provided by the deadline posted on that list.
- All verified patient status information that is ultimately confirmed by your program or through another source will then be incorporated into the OPTN database and will be used in OPTN and SRTR data analyses and reporting, including the Program Specific Reports.
- As you review your patient data, if you find that a patient is deceased and currently being followed in UNet℠ you must also report the post-transplant death or waiting list removal in TIEDI or Waitlist as required by policy.
If you have any questions, contact the UNOS Customer Service at 800-978-4334 or send an e-mail to [email protected].