Audience (Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from it.)
- All heart and heart-lung transplant programs:
- Physician Assistants, Program – Clinical Coordinators, Program Administrators/Managers, Program Directors, Programs Chiefs, Surgeons, Data Coordinators, Quality Coordinators, Quality Directors/Managers, Primary Data Coordinators, Primary Physicians, Primary Program Administrators, Primary Surgeons
- OPTN Heart Transplantation Committee
- OPTN Lung Transplantation Committee
New data elements have been added to the Transplant Recipient Registration (TRR) form in TIEDI® for all adult and pediatric heart and heart-lung patients. The new data collected will allow for improved monitoring of outcomes for recipients with primary graft disfunction (PGD).
Data will be collected in the following categories:
- Ventricular dysfunction
- Ejection fraction
- Pressures and hemodynamics
- Life support and devices
- Inotropes and vasopressors
Programs are required to report this data at both 24 and 72 hours post-transplant.
Airway dehiscence has been removed from the TRR for heart candidates only.
What you need to do
This list is not inclusive of all the changes. Transplant personnel can access detailed information on the fields added/removed in the policy notice.
This additional data collection supports the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network’s (OPTN) strategic goal of improving waitlisted patient, living donor and transplant recipient outcomes and will support evidence-based policy development in the future, including in the development of a continuous distribution framework for all organ allocation. This project also includes revisions to Heart and heart-lung TRR upload and TIEDI worksheets. These changes are part of several other data collection changes that will be released on Sept. 14, 2023. For more details, please see this page.
Education and resources
Online help documentation covering UNet functionality is now available.
For policy-related questions, contact [email protected].