New national liver and intestinal organ transplant system in effect Feb. 4, 2020
The United Network for Organ Sharing’s mission is to unite and strengthen the donation and transplant community to save lives. Learn more about what we do and how the national transplant system works with these resources.
Facts about organ transplantation
- The national organ transplant system
- UNOS fast facts
- Improving access for liver allocation
- Improving access for kidney and pancreas allocation
- Organ Procurement Organizations: Increasing organ donation
- Executive Order on Advancing American Kidney Health
- UNOS LabsSM: Testing products, tools and methods to improve the transplant system
- Improving Organ Procurement and Oversight
- 10 things UNOS is doing to increase organ utilization
- Organ donation again sets record in 2019
Voices in Transplant
Read UNOS’ Voices in Transplant blog featuring perspectives from the organ donation and transplant community about innovations, improvements and insights that are strengthening the national donation and transplantation system.
Access the latest available data on transplantation in the United States, including the current waiting list, survival rates, median waiting times and the number of transplants performed.
Facts about organ donation
Learn about organ, eye and tissue donation.
Organ allocation policy
Find all current OPTN policies, including allocation policy for each organ, and access our policy brochures.
Glossary of terms
Understand concepts and terminology used in discussing donation and transplantation.