Updated liver and intestinal organ allocation policy to be implemented Feb. 4, 2020
Our media toolkit provides a selection of links to detailed information for journalists, bloggers and other interested parties. Learn more about UNOS by accessing these resources:
Facts about organ transplantation
- The national organ transplant system
- UNOS fast facts
- Improving access for liver allocation
- Improving access for kidney and pancreas allocation
- Organ Procurement Organizations: Increasing organ donation
- Executive Order on Advancing American Kidney Health
- UNOS LabsSM: Testing products, tools and methods to improve the transplant system
- 10 things UNOS is doing to increase organ utilization
Voices in Transplant
UNOS’ Voices in Transplant blog showcases organ donation and transplantation improvement initiatives led by staff, members and the community. The blog features timely updates on the innovations, improvements and insights that are strengthening the national donation and transplantation system.
Access the latest available data on transplantation in the United States, including the current waiting list, survival rates, median waiting times and the number of transplants performed.
Facts about organ donation
Learn these facts about organ donation to better understand organ, eye and tissue donation.
Organ allocation policy
Find all current OPTN policies, including allocation policy for each organ. You may also want to read our policy brochures.
Glossary of terms
Look up defined concepts and terminology used in discussing donation and transplantation.
For your convenience, we have included links to our various UNOS pages on social media.