CDC releases interim recommendations for use of Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines for children from 6 months of age
CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has issued interim recommendations for the use of COVID-19 vaccines in children from 6 months of age. Read the release.
FDA recommends inclusion of Omicron BA.4/5 component for COVID-19 vaccine boosters
FDA advisory committee voted in favor of including a SARS-CoV-2 omicron component in COVID-19 vaccine boosters in the U.S. beginning in fall 2022. Read the release.
The latest data on organ donation and transplant in the U.S.
Find high-level data on transplants, deceased donors recovered, patients added to the waitlist and patients temporarily moved to inactive waitlist status.
CDC releases infographic showing COVID-19 vaccination schedule recommendations for patients
- CDC has released a new infographic showing vaccine schedules for most people and for those who are immunocompromised. See the infographic.
- FDA expands Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine booster eligibility to children 5 through 11 years. Read the release.
- FDA authorizes first nonprescription COVID-19 test that also detects flu and RSV. Read the release.
- FDA limits use of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine to certain individuals 18 years of age or older. Read the key points of this update.
Help your patients locate Evusheld therapy
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services maintains a national map displaying public locations that have received shipments of COVID-19 therapeutics such as Evusheld, Molnupiravir and Bebtelovimab. These therapies require a prescription, and the locator is intended for provider use.
- For COVID-19 related policy and operational questions, email [email protected]
- For information and updates about the status of in-person vs. virtual OPTN committee meetings, check the OPTN calendar of events.
Patient-friendly information for members to share
Scan this QR code to find COVID-19 resources for patients at TransplantLiving.org including:
- Frequently asked questions
- Vaccine and treatment updates
- Spanish-language resources