- UNetSM users with Thoracic Custom Reports that are impacted
October 6, 2021
- The values used to calculate a candidate’s Lung Allocation Score (LAS) have been updated to use data from a more recent cohort of lung candidates and recipients. The update improves the prediction of candidates’ expected survival on the waitlist and post-transplant to improve equity in lung allocation.
- Several variables have been removed from the Waiting List Urgency Measure and the Post-transplant Survival Measure. These variables will no longer expire, but continue to be available for reporting on the WaitlistSM.
- Values removed from the LAS calculation will no longer be available in custom reports and will be removed from any existing custom reports:
- Central Venous Pressure (CVP) – Exception
- Central Venous Pressure (CVP) – Match
- Diabetes – Match
- Forced Vital Capacity (FVC) – Exception
- Forced Vital Capacity (FVC) – Match
- Forced Vital Capacity (FVC) – Percent Predicted – Exception
- Forced Vital Capacity (FVC) – Percent Predicted – Match
- Serum Creatinine – Threshold Change Benefit
- Total Bilirubin – Threshold Change Benefit
- Height/Weight – Eval Date
- New available columns in custom reports:
- Height – Date
- Weight – Date
What you need to do
Please review your custom reports with lung candidate data to see how these changes may affect you. If you previously had a report that included in the “Height/Weight – Eval Date” column, you can now add new available columns for “Height – Date” and “Weight – Date” to continue returning the same information related to the timing of height and/or weight data collection.
Changes to the Updated Cohort for Calculation of the Lung Allocation Score (LAS) were implemented September 30, 2021.
If you have questions relating to implementation, contact UNOS Customer Service at [email protected], or call 800-978-4334 from 8 am to 7 pm EST.
For policy-related questions, contact [email protected].