All UNet users
Please share this notice with anyone in your organization who would benefit from this information
May 23, 2018; online help will also be available
The current immunosuppression data collection is out of date and does not reflect current practices. New drugs have become available and some drugs have to be inactivated because they are no longer commercially available. To maintain data integrity and accuracy, we are in the process of updating the Immunosuppressive Medications section in TIEDI. When you are entering medication data on a Transplant Recipient Registration (TRR) record or on a 1 year Transplant Recipient Follow-up (TRF) record, you will notice changes to the Immunosuppressive Medications section.
- We are removing OKT3 (Orthoclone, muromonab) since the drug is no longer available.
- We are removing EON (generic, cyclosporine) since we are no longer collecting the information about who manufactures a generic drug.
- We will change the label “Other generic cyclosporine, specify brand” to “Generic cyclosporine”. You will report the use of any generic cyclosporine under “Generic cyclosporine” and will not need to specify the brand.
- We are adding the following drugs: generic Myfortic, generic sirolimus, and Envarsus XR.
- You may also notice some minor changes in labels and the organization of the Immunossuppressive Medication section.