The 2021 UNOS staffing survey is now open, including updates to questions and definitions that allow for more powerful transplant program staffing comparisons and benchmarking.
With the new enhancements, each transplant hospital will have its own dashboard of results and benchmarks in the UNOS Data Services Portal, available late spring.
Where can users find the staffing survey?
One major change with this year’s release is that users will now find the survey and the future survey results in the interactive dashboard in the UNOS Visual Analytics section of the UNOS Data Services Portal.
- Users will submit data through their dashboard in the UNOS Data Services Portal.
- When each program’s data is released back this spring, interactive and customized dashboards in the UNOS Visual Analytics section will display the transplant program’s survey data.
What other changes have been made?
The community has been at the center of these improvements. Feedback from more than 60 volunteers from across the country led to these changes:
- Questions and definitions have been updated to reflect current practices in transplant program staffing.
- Once data has been collected, users will be able to review data and interactively compare their transplant program to other programs using multiple stratifications and filtering, a big improvement over the previous static results in UNetSM.
Users will no longer be able to submit staffing data using the Transplant Administrators tab in UNet.
What information is needed to complete the survey?
Before beginning the survey, users will want to have the following numbers for 2021 available:
- Referrals to program
- Pre-transplant clinic visits
- Pre-transplant evaluations
- Post-transplant clinic visits
- Living donor evaluations
- Total number of patients followed pre- and post-transplant
How will completing this survey benefit individual programs and the community?
As in prior years, only programs that complete surveys for their organ-specific programs will have access to the summary and comparison data. Maximizing participation helps everyone, and the value increases when more transplant programs participate.
We always want to hear from users and improve the survey. Please contact [email protected] with any improvement suggestions.