Partnering with leaders in technology, research and science, United Network for Organ Sharing is continuously in search of innovations that increase performance and efficiencies. In pursuit of increasing access to transplants for all patients, UNOS IT professionals recently refined the review process for UNetSM enhancements. The new process includes continuously assessing and approving upgrades that support the needs of the community, releasing changes more quickly, and more broadly communicating UNet improvements.
UNOS released multiple enhancements to UNet throughout 2020, including improvements to Waitlist℠, TIEDI®, DonorNet®, and KPD℠. Requests for improvement came from the transplant community, and were intended to increase efficiency in members’ lifesaving work.
Beginning in 2021, UNOS will share quarterly UNet enhancement releases with the organ donation and transplant community to keep members informed of the small, but impactful, changes that UNOS is constantly making to support the work transplant professionals do every day. While the quarterly updates will not include day-to-day system upkeep, TransNetSM updates, or large community pilots or projects, they will provide snapshots of the UNet improvements made on a regular basis to increase system-wide performance and efficiency.
- March 25: Expanded the donor highlights text box following the Association of Organ Procurement Organizations Compass Conference Innovation Event.
- March 25: Formatted a consistent view for transplant hospitals and organ procurement organizations in admission course comments, medical and social comments, and donor highlights following the AOPO Compass Conference Innovation Event.
- May 21: Rebranded the DonorNet logo and text font.
- April 8: Donor pre-screen enhancements released.
Patient Safety Contact List
- May 20: Added center type to institution list.
- June 17: Added “units/kg/day” and “days” to kidney-pancreas and pancreas insulin field collection in the transplant recipient registration form (TRR) and transplant recipient follow-up form (TRF).
- May 8: Added candidate date of birth on pending blood type and HIV verification pages and widgets.
- July 29: Added change date to kidney minimum accept criteria edit page.
- Sept. 2: Removed requirement to enter removal code on removal history page to run removal history report.
- Sept. 2: Inactive reason added to custom report generator.
Submit a UNet enhancement request at any time by emailing the UNOS Customer Service Desk at [email protected].