Twenty-seven United Network for Organ Sharing staff members have authored or co-authored 27 studies to present at the 2020 American Transplant Congress, which is the joint annual meeting of the American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons. ATC will be held virtually May 30 through June 1.
Transplant professionals from around the globe participate in ATC every year to hear about cutting edge organ and tissue transplant research.
UNOS researchers are constantly driving toward new insights, innovations and improvements in transplant. Their work addresses a broad spectrum of transplant-related issues, ranging from improving equity in access, analyzing impact of policy, statistical analysis of process and outcome measures, and the potential for behavioral science to help predict performance trends.
UNOS researchers authoring or contributing to the studies include:
- Sarah Booker, M.P.H., Research Analyst
- Bob Carrico, Ph.D., Director of Research
- Wida Cherikh, Ph.D., Principal Research Scientist
- Julia Foutz, M.P.H., Research Analyst
- Abigail Fox. M.P.A., Policy Analyst
- Rebecca Goff, Ph.D., Manager of Research Science
- David Klassen, M.D., Chief Medical Officer
- Kelsi Lindblad, Ph.D., Research Analyst
- Carlos Martinez, M.S., Associate Data Scientist
- Harrison McGehee, Data Scientist
- Rob McTier, Business Architect
- Samantha Noreen, Ph.D., Research Scientist
- Andrew Placona, M.S.P.P.M., Manager of Data Science
- Brian Plucinski, M.S., Research Analyst
- Amanda Robinson, M.S., Research Scientist
- John Rosendale, M.S., Principal Research Scientist
- Kristen Sisaithong, M.A., CMQ/OE, Assistant Director of Organizational Excellence
- Darren Stewart, M.S., Principal Research Scientist
- Alice Toll, Research Analyst
- Henrisa Tosoc-Haskell, RN, M.S., M.S.H.A., CMQ-E, Senior Director of Organizational Excellence
- Read Urban, M.P.H., Research Scientist
- Gabe Vece, M.S.P.H., Research Analyst
- Jennifer Wainright, Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist
- Emily Ward, M.P.A., Policy Analyst
- Christopher Wholley, M.S.A., Transplant Community Administrator
- Amber Wilk, Ph.D., Assistant Director of Research
- Anne Zehner, M.P.H., Research Analyst
NOTE: Some of these studies were supported wholly or in part by Health Resources and Services Administration contract HHSH250-2019-00001C. The content is the responsibility of the authors alone and does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.