Nearly 20 individuals and panelists gave presentations at the September 16 public forum being held to discuss liver distribution concepts. The slide sets provided by the speakers, as well as video highlights from the forum discussion, are available below.
You can access registration information and additional background material on the OPTN website.
Liver Forum Video Highlights
Director, Division of Transplantation; federal Health Resources and Services Administration
Overview of the Liver Forum
September 16, 2014
David Mulligan, M.D.
OPTN/UNOS Liver and Intestinal Transplantation Committee Chair
Liver Forum Slide Presentations
- General Information
- Financial Considerations: Costs to Patients by Catherine Frenette, M.D.
- Why Optum Cares about Liver Distribution by Dr. Jon Friedman
- Consequences for Minorities and Income Restricted Candidates by Kenneth Chavin, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gift of Life Donor Program Perspective by Richard Hasz
- Transplant Sick Patients and Maintain Outcomes by Ryutaro Hirose, M.D.
- Commentary from University of Washington Medical Center Liver Transplant Program and LifeCenter Northwest OPO by Jorge Reyes, M.D. and Kevin O’Connor
- Measures of Geographic Disparities: Are Waitlist Outcomes Enough? by David Goldberg, M.D.
- Redistricting – Another Perspective by Michael Charlton, M.D.
- Impact on Cold Ischemia Times and Organ Transportation Costs by Devin Eckhoff, M.D.
- Welcome to the Public Forum by Dr. Carl Berg, OPTN/UNOS President
- The Back Story on Redesigning Liver Distribution by David Mulligan, M.D.
- Background, Methods and Results of Liver Distribution Concepts by John Lake, M.D., Sommer Gentry, Ph.D., Dorry Segev, M.D., Ph.D.
- Share 35 Liver Policy: Analysis at 1 year
- Economic Implications of Redistricting by David Axelrod, M.D.
- Impact on OPOs and the Transplant System by Marlon Levy, M.D.
- Share 35 Operational and Financial Considerations by Sean Van Slyck
- Impact on OneLegacy Donation Service Area by Thomas Mone, M.S
- Financial Considerations: OPO Perspective by Jeffrey P. Orlowski